How Does a Juicer Work? Good Tips and Guides in 2021
The juicer is the ultimate kitchen appliance for any avid health enthusiast. They are not only a fantastic way to get your daily dose of fruit and vegetables, but they can also make your favorite juice recipes at home. You’ve heard about the benefits of fresh juice, now you need to know how to use a juicer!
Instead of spending hours in the kitchen this week, read our blog post on how does a juicer work? We have some great tips and guides for you in 2021.
1. What is a Juicer?
A Juicer or A juice extractor is used to extract the liquid from vegetables and fruits. Depending on the machine you use, these can be made into soy milk, almond milk, and yogurt as well. There are many different types of juicers depending on what they are used for.
The first type of juicer was invented in 1921 and since then new technology has made it even easier to make your favorite juice at home with minimal effort! Another question that people often ask us is how does a juicer work?
We have all the answers you need in our blog post. Simply put, a cold press juice extractor slowly grinds fruit or vegetables into pulp. It then squeezes the pulp with a powerful force to extract the juice.
2. What is benefits of a Juicer?
There are some benefits of a Juicer as below:
There are so many benefits to drinking fresh juice. It is great for your skin, hair, and nails as well as keeping you healthy. If you’re wondering what the benefits of juicing are read our article here! We have some great tips and guides that will help you get started on using a juicer today.
The first benefit is that it tastes delicious! Fresh juice has no additives or preservatives which means it has a much more natural taste. You can add fruit and vegetables to make any flavor you like! For example, start with apple then mix in ginger for an added spicy kick.
Juice Boosts Metabolism – One glass of fresh juice contains lots of vitamins and minerals. These vitamins and minerals boost your metabolism which helps you to burn more calories, resulting in weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight fast , juicing is a great way to start!
Detox – During the winter months everyone loves a good detox method! You can drink fresh juice for 24 hours or 3 days to rid your body of any toxins that may be making you feel sluggish. It will also flush out any harmful bacteria in your gut giving you more energy too!
Juice Boosts Energy Levels– Since juice is packed with healthy enzymes it naturally boosts energy levels – providing a calming effect on the brain at the same time. Fresh juice gives us clean energy so we can keep going all day without feeling fatigued or anxious.
Juice can be used for cooking too! You don’t have to drink it, you can add juice to your cake recipes or make a sauce from scratch using fresh fruit and vegetables instead of canned ingredients. The options are endless so why not check out some great juicing books?
3. How Does a Juicer Work?
Juicer Parts & Function
There are different parts to a juicer. Some of the main parts are the motor base, feeding tube, blades, juicing bowl or container and pulp collection bin. Depending on what machine you use some may have a lid and spout for adding ingredients. The most important thing is to make sure it has safety features such as a locking mechanism so it won’t start without the lid in place!
How does a juicer work?
The first step is to cut up your fruit or vegetables into small pieces that can fit down the chute (the wide part at the top of the machine). You should then press these into one neat bunch through the chute by using a plunger. It must go the way to the bottom and not go sideways.
The motor base will turn on to start grinding the fruit or vegetables into pulp. As it does, the blades at the bottom of the feeding tube will spin around and cut through anything in their path. This process extracts all of the juice from whatever you have placed inside making it drip slowly down into your juicing bowl or container underneath.
Once complete, remove this from underneath and then store any excess serving in a separate pitcher so that you can serve it later (or just drink straight away if you are feeling thirsty!). The leftover pulp is then pushed out the front and comes in one neat clump too which simply needs emptying once finished – depending on what machine you use there may be an option to switch this off so the leftover pulp is not ejected.
At the end of this process you will have a bowl full of fresh fruit or vegetable juice that contains all of the natural vitamins and minerals your body needs to function properly!
4. Types of Juicers
There are 3 main types: masticating, centrifugal, and twin gear juicers. Depending on what type you use will depend on how you access each part as well as how much prep work is needed before using it.
Masticating juicers (usually known as slow juicers): are great for making sorbet or baby food because they don’t leave any pulp behind which makes them ideal if you want every last drop of juice from an ingredient.
On the other hand, centrifugal juicers are a cheaper option and better for making general fruit or vegetable juice.
Twin gear juicers (known as triturating juicers): are more efficient at extracting the last drop of juice from your ingredients. They also have slow speeds which makes them ideal for keeping the nutrients in tact! Either way, all 3 types can keep you in shape and provide you with what you need to prepare healthy morning smoothies, snack ideas and desserts!
5. How to choose a good Juicer?
When it comes to finding a good juicer, there are 3 things that you need to consider:
Juicers can be extremely costly so you want something that is worth the money! On the other hand, if you buy a really cheap model then the quality will probably reflect this and you’ll end up with more problems later on.
Make sure whatever type of juice extractor you use has at least an 800 watt motor (the higher the better) and preferably stainless steel blades too as these are much harder to break or warp as well being dishwasher friendly!
b. What do you want it for?
Not all juicers are made equal. Before buying anything, think about what kind of juice you want to make, how often you plan on using it and what else you might need it for such as making purees or sorbets.
Some of the most popular brands are Breville, NutriBullet (which is also great for small quantities), Philips, Omega Juicers and Waring Pro. You can find reviews about them online as well as check out some recipes that others have used their juicers for!
The final thing you need to think about is, of course, price. Juicing can be quite expensive and there is no point spending a fortune on something that you will only use every so often. As long as it does the job then you are good to go!
6. How do I use an electric juicer?
Using a juicer is actually very simple once you know how. The following steps outline what needs to be done:
a. Take out your ingredients and wash them thoroughly (this is especially important if you are pressing wheatgrass or anything with inedible skins). You should also rinse your appliance as this makes it easier to clean later on. Be careful when cleaning by hand though – whilst the blades may look tough they can actually be quite sharp so make sure you wear gloves!
b. After this is done, check to see which setting you need and switch it on. Make sure that whatever setting you use, the safety locking arm opens and closes properly as this makes it much safer.
c. Set your ingredients into the feeding chute (the opening at the top of your juicer) and watch them get pulverized into juice! If your food processor has a plunger then push these down gently at first until they stop – if they are going too fast then just let them rest before putting more in.
This ensures that all of your ingredients are pushed through correctly. Add more items as these run out or if you to produce more juice overall.
d. Once your appliance is switched off, unplug it and take the jug underneath to collect the juice. The pulp can be used for compost or if you are brave enough (some people actually eat this!) in recipes instead of using eggs!
e. Cleaning is essential as you don’t want any bacteria growing inside your juicer or on your appliances. If possible, get a dishwasher safe appliance but some people choose to hand clean theirs because they prefer results (however some parts may wear down if not taken care of properly).
7. How to clean a Juicer?
Cleaning your juicer is most likely the worst part of using one but if you do it properly then it’s not too much trouble.
a. Wash all parts in hot, soapy water and rinse them thoroughly before leaving them to dry for 24 hours. Make sure that you give everything a good brush as this makes it easier to clean more stubborn areas such as cracks and crevices in stoneware or plastic dishes.
b. If there are stains on any components then you can use a cleaner specifically for these types of appliances. Most cleaning products also contain lemon juice which helps remove scale build up even better! Just make sure that whatever product you use has been tested first and don’t leave it on for too long or you could damage your appliances.
c. Speaking of scale build up, this is a very bad problem in the home and it can be caused by hard water stains. Luckily there are some natural ways to deal with these stains! You just need to mix 4 tablespoons of either baking soda or vinegar into a cup of warm water and pour this on the affected areas before scrubbing them gently (you may need to repeat!).
As long as you clean your juicer after each use then you shouldn’t have too much trouble avoiding the worst problems but if they do occur don’t panic because there will always be a way to get rid of them!
d. If you are not sure about whether something needs cleaning or not be sure to wash it before storing. This way you know that everything is clean and ready for the next time you use it.
e. Finally, if your juicer has a dishwasher safe container then make sure that you put this on the top shelf so that all of your components are kept nice and clean!
Tips and Guides on using a Juicer
1. Always make sure that your juicer is switched off and unplugged before inserting or removing any parts. This reduces the risk of injury and also helps to save electricity!
2. Try to use fresh ingredients as this stops them from going bad too quickly and it ensures that you get the best quality juice possible. If there are some ingredients which you know will taste horrible if not stored properly then try freezing them beforehand so that these flavors don’t come through in the finished product.
You can also add ice cubes (or even better yet, crushed ice!) for a refreshing spin on any drink!
3. Make your own fruit teas by adding boiling water once everything has been processed. This buying tea bags and could be a lot more cost effective too! Even if you don’t want to drink it, using the same process for fruit juice will make plenty of lemons into lemonade which can then be frozen in ice cube trays for later use.
4. Many people who own a juicer also own either an onion or garlic press as well! This means that you can produce freshly extracted juice from vegetables and even fruit while dicing them at the same time. Your arms will be very thankful!
5. Always remember to take care of your appliances because this ensures that they last for longer periods of time without breaking down. If they are not stored properly then some parts may wear out sooner but with enough TLC, they should last a lifetime!
6. If you want to create a juice drink which is much more filling then try adding protein powder as well. Even a small amount can really make a difference but if using vanilla flavored protein powder then add just a little bit of banana for extra flavor. Protein is also an excellent natural sweetener so there’s no need to worry about additional sugar or any other ingredients besides what you already have put in!
7. Give your own body time to adjust to the changes that new foods can bring about so that it doesn’t feel uncomfortable when trying something new. This way, you should be able to judge how juicing will affect your health after about two weeks of consumption and this should help give you an idea of what to expect!
8. We all know that we should drink at least 2 litres of water a day but do you ever actually feel thirsty? If not then it’s time to try juicing! There are plenty of ingredients which can be used to make your own beverages and drinking these instead of plain water is a great way to get your daily allowance from other sources.
Just remember that whole fruit and vegetables have lots of fiber so don’t overdo it if this isn’t something which you are used to just yet!
9. Of course, not every juice need be healthy or even tasty. You should always bear in mind that anything with enough sugar/sweetener would be more enjoyable a dessert than a healthy meal but occasionally it’s fine to treat yourself. Just remember that with juice, even if it tastes nice you will still feel much more satisfied after having the same amount of calories in standard food instead.
10. If you can afford a cold press juicer then make sure that you get one as soon as possible because this is the best way of ensuring that your drink stays fresh for longer than just using an ordinary low-grade juicer . There are some wonderful benefits associated with drinking something which has been freshly made and without waiting hours for it to go bad first!
11. Besides that, don’t be afraid to experiment! You may want to avoid putting certain ingredients in together when trying out new recipes but most juices are actually meant to be mixed and matched! If you want a tasty meal which is also made from 100% natural ingredients then it’s time to start thinking outside the box.
The more ideas that you have, the easier it will be to find something great in even the most mundane of refrigerators.
12. If you happen to have a smaller household then it’s probably best not to buy something which is designed for an entire family because this can end up going to waste. A single person may only eat one apple in a day while some prefer to eat an entire melon at once so buying things like this would be expensive and wasteful in the long run!
13. Make sure that you always wash your juicing equipment as soon as possible after use because fruit juice can turn into mould over time if left on certain materials. The sooner that you do this, the easier it will be to clean whatever was used before storing correctly! It’s also easier to get stuck in straight away rather than putting it off until later when the taste has lingered on the sides of a container.
14. If you happen to create any dregs or pulp from your juices then don’t throw it away! This can be used as compost material later on instead and much better than just throwing something out which could have been put to good use. The only exception is if you are making anything with particularly high fat content; this can attract vermin so should be handled differently and disposed of carefully.
15. If you are relying on juicing for food intake every day then remember that it may not be enough nutrient-wise to keep your body healthy in the long term. It’s best to include other sources of fruit/vegetables in your diet alongside juices to make sure that you are balanced properly and don’t end up lacking in something instead.
16. This goes almost without saying but drink plenty of fluids when making juices with particularly strong flavors! For example, grapefruit juice is fantastic for cleansing the body from within but drinking a glassful will leave your mouth feeling extremely dry due to its sourness. Make sure that you have some water on hand or another tasty beverage as well to help get rid of this taste!
17. If you have ever heard “juice fasting” then be warned! Doing this is not the same thing as using juicing as part of a healthy diet because prolonged periods without food can cause serious health issues if continued for too long. Just to be on the safe side, it’s best to consult a medical professional first before trying this out for yourself and only if you really know what you are doing.
18. If your kids hate fruits and vegetables then don’t give up! There are plenty of ways in which these can be consumed without them realising such as putting fruit juice into their favourite drinks or adding veggies into pasta sauce. However, make sure that you monitor the amount of sugars included because some healthy food products may have had extra sugar added instead!
Common mistakes when using a Juicer
1. There are many brands of juicers out there that you can use for your home. However, before buying one, make sure that the juicer is easy to clean and assemble. Also consider which features would be useful for your kitchen. For example, if you have limited counter space then a small juicer will probably be better than a big centrifugal type with lots of parts.
2. Make sure that you don’t overload the device with too much food at once or it won’t work properly and cause damage to the blades or motor. If you’re making fruit juice by yourself, try to add enough water in as well so that it doesn’t taste too sour because this will minimize wastage as well as prevent tooth decay.
3. If you have kids or pets at home, make sure that they won’t be able to reach the appliance before you start using it! Push all loose objects away from the area and turn off any fans in your house as well to prevent anything from flying towards the blades. This is one of the most important things to remember if you have young kids because accidents can easily happen once a device like this has been used.
4. Don’t try and juice anything that’s too hard for the appliance to handle such as uncooked potatoes or other tubers. Also avoid putting black pepper into your juicer for obvious reasons (it doesn’t taste very nice at all!) Chewing gum is another which should never be put through a juicer.
5. If you are not planning on using the appliance for a while, make sure that it has been cleaned and dried properly beforehand to prevent any mould from forming. This is especially important if you have pets or children at home as they can be attracted to anything that smells tasty!
6. Many people think that only certain types of fruit juice work well with this device but this isn’t true; if you enjoy adding some pomegranate seeds into your daily drink then there’s no reason why not to put them in with your regular fruits. It will provide extra nutrients which may be beneficial to your health and reduce wastage as well (after all, who wants their expensive ingredients go straight down the sink when they don’t need them?)
7. It’s best to drink juice on an empty stomach or at least 30 minutes before your meal because this will help improve digestion and make you feel fuller faster. Also, it is recommended that you don’t drink too much juice within a short period of time as your body may have trouble digesting it all in one go.
If you are planning on using a juicer regularly then try to find a good brand for your kitchen such as Omega, Breville or Kuvings which provide high quality items made from durable materials so they will last for years to come without any issues. These companies also offer great warranties if anything should ever go wrong with their appliances so use this information wisely!
Another thing to consider when buying a juicer is the cost because this will of course affect your budget. Always choose to buy from reputable manufacturers and avoid buying any appliances made in China because these are usually low quality imitations that break easily and do not provide the same value for money over time.
This appliance is only as good as you make it! Look after it properly (and use common sense) and your juicer will surely last you for many years without any major problems. Nothing can compare to freshly squeezed fruits or vegetables so why not purchase one today? You might have heard the expression ‘nothing tastes better than healthy’ but now there’s scientific proof that they’re right!
Common question related with How Does a Juicer Work?
1. How to make smoothie with fruit?
Answer: The problem is that the juicer can’t extract juice from hard vegetable and fruits like carrots, beetroot, watermelon and so on. That’s why you have to use blender or food processor to blend these things before adding them into the funnel of a juicer.
Then what you get is a tasty and healthy drink as well as fibers left over in the container of the Juicer (in other words this thing contains nothing but pure juice). It certainly cuts down your cooking time!
2. Can I put ice in a juicer?
Answer: Of course, you can add ice into your ingredients when making juices. And don’t forget about frozen berries because they are great for those hot summer days when it’s not possible to get fresh fruits. Don’t put too much ice in your ingredients because it will make the drink cold very quickly and the motor of the juicer can be burned out if you use large amounts of frozen ingredients when making juice.
3. What are the benefits of a juicer?
Answer: It’s true that many people buy this appliance just for fun but there are surprisingly high numbers who actually use their juicers on a daily basis to improve their health. It may sound silly at first because we live in an age where even small children know that eating 5 pieces of fruit is healthier than drinking a glass of (full) fat orange juice from concentrate.
But think about it, how do you really know what’s inside there? Many big companies put chemicals and colorants inside their drinks to make them look better. In other words, it’s all a big scam. Don’t be fooled into believing that these beverages are healthier for you because they’re not!
At the end of the day, juicers allow you to drink your food instead of eating them (which is actually far less efficient when looking at the long term benefits). Just imagine how much fiber will remain with your ingredients after you use this appliance; try doing that without using any sort of technology! And yes, many people believe that drinking fruit juice on a regular basis can help prevent cancer.
As always, it’s best to educate yourself on every aspect before jumping in head first but I think we can agree on one thing – this is certainly a much healthier alternative to soda drinks that won’t provide the same benefits in terms of health.
4. What should I consider when buying a juicer?
Answer: That’s actually a great question and there are many things you need to take into consideration before purchasing any appliance (especially those that cost over $100). The first thing you have to look at is the size because these things come in all shapes and sizes. Remember, some of them can be rather large so make sure you don’t by something too big or too small.
It might also be wise to look around for special offers from manufacturers or importers because they frequently offer discounts if you buy two or more appliances at once. Make sure they’re high quality and always check user reviews before purchasing anything.
5. What type of juicer is best?
Answer: This question is actually impossible to answer unless you take a look at what kind of ingredients you plan on using most often. In other words, it’s not wise to focus all your attention on centrifugal juicers if the only thing you’re going to be drinking consists of various leaves and wheatgrass (because most people are concerned with fruit juices).
Keep in mind that there are certain types of fruits and vegetables that are more beneficial for us than others so you can always choose one based on that factor as well. Just make sure it’s high quality, durable and will do the job for many years!
6. Do I need to clean my juicer immediately after use?
Answer: It’s always best to clean your appliances right after you’re done using them. And yes, it’s true that this process can be rather time consuming so do it only if you’re not in a hurry (don’t forget to unplug the device though).
7. What kind of fruit and vegetables can I put inside my juicer?
Answer: You can always go for various soups or beverages when putting ingredients inside your appliance. Some people even choose to make ice cream from frozen bananas (it tastes delicious!). The main idea is to find something that will help you improve your health without spending too much money on products that aren’t actually better than our homemade juices.
As for fruits and vegetables, there are hundreds of different choices so just pick whatever you like the most.
8. How much should I spend on a juicer?
Answer: That depends on which features you want your device to have and how often it’s going to be used, but you can always find one that fits almost any budget. Just make sure it’s high quality, durable and comes with various useful features (if possible). As for me, I would pay anything between $100-$200 maximum because this is the price range where you’ll get the most bang for your buck!
9. Is there any special care I need to take if my juicer is still hot after use?
Answer: As long as there are no electrical problems, it should never be too hot to touch. However, do not leave it plugged in when you’re done using it. If something feels wrong, go for a second opinion and you should be just fine.
I hope this article was helpful because I know how difficult it can be to find the right appliances online! At the end of the day, if you’re an athletic person with very specific needs, you need to choose wisely in order to avoid any problems when using your device.
Just remember that there are always great discounts from manufacturers or importers so make sure to check special offers before purchasing anything. And last but not least, good luck with all your juicing activities!
Juicing has become more popular in recent years as people have realized the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle. However, it can sometimes be difficult to know what kind of juicer is best for you and your needs. There are many different types on the market with prices ranging from cheap to expensive so it’s important that you do some research before making any purchase decisions.
We hope this guide provides useful information about how does a juicer work which should help make things easier! We also provide some tips for getting started with your own juice diet so all your questions will be answered! For even more information on our favorite topic, contact us or leave comment below. We will answer as soon as possible. Thank you!